Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Peru: Land of the Incas


I know I have been back from this trip for a while and not blogged to tell about it. It was a wonderful, eye opening, adventure. Crammed pack full of sightseeing, shopping, and adventures. I dilengetly cronicled everyday in my journal. Noting details and events as they accured. All was well until the last leg of our flight home, seems I left the journal in the seat pocket of the plane from Houston to Little Rock. Emails and calls to the airlines has not produced the journal as of today, but I continue to hope. So from the pictures I will make notes of random memories of my trip to Lima, Cusco, Aqua Calenta and Machu Piccu.



This is a Pisco Sour, the national drink of Peru, taste somewhat like a whiskey sour made with Pisco, sugar, egg whites and a couple of other ingrediants.









This is Coca Tea, you drink this to aleave altitude sickness. We had it for breakfast every morning and with some meals. I liked the taste of it, mild and kind of sweet.










This is the village of Cusco, this was one of our favorite places. This shot is taken from the town square in the center of Cusco.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: